Big End Rally
Peter Juby, current club chairman sent us this report of the 2003 Big End Rally. The rally goes from strength to strength.
I have not had time to compile a full report of the rally perhaps you could pull something together from the following information.
- Rally attendance was 330 + Phoenix members and families. This was a record
- The Raffle raised £201 for the East Midlands Air Ambulance - again a record. It might have been more but we ran out of raffle tickets.
- Temperatures at the rally on the Saturday probably set another record.
- Beer sales set a record - they had 2600 pints of real ale at the start in addition to other beers etc and they had very little left Sunday AM.
Details are a little sketchy as someone threw the sheet away after the awards were presented and not all rallyists leave full details in the Rally book.
- Kitchen sink award - Most kit on one bike - Ben Thomas
- Overseas long distance Male - Willy from Germany
- Overseas long distance Female - Mouse from Belgium
- Long distance Male - Charlie from the Special K
- Long distance Female - Jill Saunders
- Long distance pillion - M Lyth
- Club aggregate mileage - Mayflower (as usual)
- Club turnout (most members present) - Mingers
- Grot bike - Puker
- Best Bike - Compo (Velocette)
- Sartorial elegance - Linda
I know not all rallyists got home in the dry as many phoned home Sunday AM to receive reports of heavy rain particularly those travelling to the North West.
- Peter Juby