About These Pages
On a small screen you can't be faffing about with all them bells and whistles so we give you the slimmed down version: Content plus BIG BUTTONS for navigation to the main sections. Here is what some of those BIG BUTTONS look like.
To see what a page looks like on a mobile device, narrow your browser window to less than 800px wide.
Links and other features in the content area work as described under Desktop PC, above. In other words all items on the lighter background that start from the breadcrumbs J.
There are lots of other special features that are outside of the normal website conventions. Many are unique to LPMCC.net. Here is a quick rundown of some that you will find helpful.
- Keyboard short cuts: Quickly move around the sections by holding down the Alt key and tapping a letter or symbol. You can see the full list at any time by holding down Alt and tapping K. Try it now. Oh, look! Alt+M goes straight to the MotoGP start page.
- Right click menu: This context menu has links that are useful without needing to scroll about looking for the usual menu system.
- Bottom menu: Has a few necessary links to keep you moving.
- Multiple photos: Sometimes we show more than one photo at a time by including < and > arrows on the left and right edges to click for the next picture.
- Scrolling panoramas: When we want to fit in a wide photo or give a picture a bit of movement. Hover your pointer over it to pause the scroll.
- Riders' names: The first occurrence of a rider's full name on a page will be double underlined with light blue. Hover your mouse over it. Try it here with Valentino Rossi - you know you want to.
- Contact Centre: Our unique interactive feature that follows you whichever page you are on and wherever you are on that page.
You need to know how to get to it ...
- Write your Notes and they will be saved on this computer for you to send now or later.
- Pick up personal Mail, broadcasts and special announcements.
- Star rate a page to let us know just what you thought of it.
- When you find a page you like Mark it so you can go straight back later.
- Delve into the page's own documentation with the Info tab.
- Find out more about this useful device by exploring its own Help tab.
Use any of those methods to slide the Contact Centre back into the left edge or click the X at its top right.
- Click the grippy bar tucked tightly to the left edge of the page.
- The Blogroll list on the left hand menu has a button for ©ontact ©entre. If you make notes the title will change to Your Notes. The colour also changes depending on what is in the Contact Centre.
- Press Alt+E on your keyboard.
- Right click anywhere and choose Contact Centre, second from the top.
- On the bottom menu click [Contact].
- When we particularly want your participation we'll add a blimming great button labelled COMMENT or VOTE.
Guess what clicking that does?
Opens the Contact Centre!
When you've absorbed all of the above you can also explore the full website
It covers more subjects in greater depth. We have indexes for almost everything,
take your pick.
While you are on LPMCC.net it is well worth exploring our other sections.
We especially want you to take part. LPMCC.net is written by enthusiasts like yourself. Share your thoughts. There is no limit to how much we will accept and we appreciate whatever our unpaid contributors send.
Just one more thing: Who is Roland Potter? I guess you better look him up in our
People index and find out!
- Ben Crossley